What is clean eating?
Clean eating is eating whole fresh foods, that are nutritious to the body and enjoying them in their most natural state. There are so many diets on the internet and in the world but here at madammebae we believe that the best diet is no diet at all, eat clean and stay healthy and whatever weight you are at while implementing a healthy lifestyle the best weight.
Are you having trouble eating clean, below are 8 clean eating tips for beginners;
- Eat the rainbow. Have more fruits and veggies because eating different colored foods especially in their raw state is very good for organ detoxifying and cleaning, also these foods are easily digested by the body and do not store fat, leading to weight loss.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Water is really good for cleaning the body from toxins and also curbing hunger. So many times people think they are hungry but its only thirst so before you grab a snack when feeling hungry between meals, consider taking a glass of water fast and if you are still hungry, have a healthy snack. If you are having trouble drinking water, try using a bottle with the exact amount of water you want to drink in a day and flavor it with fruits of your choice overnight. This is also good for making detox water.
- Cook your own food. I always say there is nothing better than a home cooked meal with love, not only is it delicious, but you know all the ingredients going into it and if you have seen my 8 – tips on how to start your weight loss journey, one of the things I emphasize is cleaning your fridge and replacing all the processed and unhealthy foods with whole foods .
- Eat less meat. I love meat, do not get me wrong. Eating meat is not bad but have to eat it moderately. This helps to increase your fiber intake, therefore, improving bowel movement and finally losing weight. Also reducing your meat intake can help reduce and prevent high blood pressure as well as heart disease. There are so many alternatives for protein like eggs, quinoa, beans, lentils, etc.
- Eat more whole grains like quinoa and oats. Switching from regular on the market carbs to whole grains helps get more antioxidants and anti-inflammatories in your system which is really amazing for your body and also makes it easy to lose weight.
- Cut out unhealthy processed foods from your diet. The reason I say unhealthy is that not all processed food is bad, for example, cheese and yogurt.
- Limit sugar and sodium intake. Many people watch their sugar intake and forget to watch their sodium intake. A 12-ounce can of regular Coke contains 39 grams of total sugar, which is about 9 1/3 teaspoons of sugar, would you take that many spoons of sugar even for your tea? I know I wouldn’t. So try to cut out sugary processed foods like sodas, sweets, zero calorie drinks, pastries, etc and replace them with fruits or for pastries you can meal prep a healthier version of what crave. This is how I started my journey and created an ebook with alternative baked goods. Cutting back on processed foods also helps reduce your sodium intake because so many processed foods have a lot of salt and that explains why many people today suffer from diabetes and kidney problems.
- Always make sure to avoid getting hungry. When we are hungry we often think irrationally and if your body is not used to clean eating, the first thing its gonna crave are the unhealthy foods it’s used to. Also, there are so many diets that deprive you of some nutrients the body needs and because of that deficiency, your body is always craving for these foods and eventually leads to binge eating.
Finally always remember to enjoy the cooking process as much as you enjoy the food because if you start with a negative mindset the food might not taste as good and the whole process starts to feel like a term paper as opposed to being fun and beneficial. Clean eating is fun give it a try and let me know.
I hope you found these tips helpful, download 8 – tips to help you start your weight loss journey.