Did you know the mouth and the vagina are connected?
Catchy heading! I know right, I was as surprised as you are. Of course, I know food goes into our mouths and comes out in one way or another. Yeast infections are very common in women and according to Harvard healthy, 75% of women will suffer from yeast infection at least once in their lives. Vaginal yeast infections are commonly known as candida infections caused an imbalance between vaginal bacteria.
Vaginal infection signs and symptoms
- Vaginal itchiness or soreness
- Pain during sex
- Thick white discharge
- discomfort in and around the vagina
- Vaginal burning sensation
So a few weeks ago I felt some discomfort i.e Itchy and burning sensation, me being the person I am, I am all for healing naturally, now take note that previously I was the kind of girl that if I felt even the slightest itch I would go to the pharmacy, because in Uganda, you can get most of the strong antibiotics over the counter. Even then I still believed in natural remedies I just had never tried for yeast infections. The trick to healing yeast infections with garlic is catching the infection early, so pay attention to any abnormality in your vagina so you can prevent a trip to your gynecologist.
Garlic is one of the world’s oldest spices and was used for its medicinal and health benefits by the Indians, Greeks, Romans and so many other old empires.
What you need?
- 1 Garlic clove
- Apple cider/White vinegar
- Peel and wash 1 garlic clove
- Put the thread through the needle
- Tie a knot at the end of the string to secure the needle
- Disinfect the needle and thread in apple cider vinegar or regular white vinegar
- After 1 minute wash the needle and thread under running water to wash off the vinegar and dry it with a paper towel
- Then sew the needle into the garlic and the pull till the knot
- Finally, with clean fingers insert it into the vagina like a tampon, you leave the string outside for easy removal
P.S you can sew as many times into the garlic for safer holding but be careful garlic is a little acidic so it gives you a little burning sensation the more you damage it.
Depending on how intense you infection is you can do it from one night to 3 days and after that, if you see no change, I suggest you see a professional.
After trying this, that’s how I realized the mouth and the vagina are connected because as soon as you put the garlic in, you can taste it in your mouth. Al
Other Garlic benefits
- It lowers the risk of heart disease.
- It helps to lower blood pressure.
- It lowers cholesterol
- It helps Alzheimer’s patients.
- It helps heal wounds
- It flashes down metals and toxins out of your body.
There are so many more benefits of fresh Garlic so I suggest find a way to incorporate it into your diet daily.
There are some side effects to the garlic treatment and some of them are;
- Bad breath
- It can cause heartburn
- Bad body odor (garlic-y body order)
Also if you feel like the above route is too uncomfortable, try using Boric Acid Suppositories, Boric acid is a component that is extracted from garlic and is really good for vagina PH balance. It also helps to prevent both bacteria and yeast infections.
Get Boric acid here
Or alternatively, you can try these gel pills.
Other home remedies for vaginal yeast infections are?
- Boric acid or odorless garlic pills. These are easy to take capsules that can help prevent and treat yeast infections.
- Natural Yogurt. Dip a tampon in natural yogurt and insert it into to the vagina, also eating the yogurt at least a 1/2 a glass a day helps to prevent bacterial infections.
- Tea tree oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Probiotic supplements
I hope you found this helpful just wanted to share my experience and if/when you try it please let me know how it works for you. Also, let me know if you would like to see detailed blogs or videos of how to use any of the other home remedies.
Until next time.