Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and so we have to find a way of sneaking in our greens. Starting a healthy lifestyle means trying new flavors, tastes, foods, etc and experimenting with whatever you have in the kitchen. I have been so big on smoothies the past few weeks and thought I should switch it up a notch today, so I made pancakes.
Because I didn’t plan to make pancakes today, I didn’t have ingredients so I looked around to see what I can use. One thing for sure I always have bananas and eggs but didn’t feel like having that alone. I found wheat bran and lettuce it was gonna go bad I had to save it.
And that’s how these pancakes where born. Since I’m trying to eat cleaner I also made my own syrup, it was amazing.
LETTUCE BANANA PANCAKES
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 3 medium lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 6 blueberries (optional)
For the syrup
- 4 strawberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the pan on low medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse.
- After blending the pancake batter and the pan has preheated, Add the batter to the pan and measure two tablespoons for 1 pancake.
- Let it cook until bubbles start to form at the top, add 2 blueberries on each pancake (for only 3 pancakes), then flip it for about a minute on the other side.
- After platting the pancakes, on the same pan add the syrup ingredients and smash with a spatula.
- When it cooks to the consistency you like, add to plate and ENJOY!
42% carbs, 49% fat, 9%protein
Don’t forget to hashtag with me #madammebae
I would love to see your creations