I have a crazy sweet tooth, and because of that, I create so many healthy sweet tooth alternatives. Today because I am currently doing the 7-day detox challenge, I had to improvise and make something that fits with this detox using natural fruits (strawberries and avocado and I came up with these amazing babies.
If you binge eat very often like me, make a small batch so you don’t get tempted to eat them all in one go. Lately, I’ve been having a thing for homemade jam so when I was thinking about what to do for this recipe, I took the dessert from the detox and part of the dinner for day 1 and 2.
Avocado Strawberry cups
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Blend the avocado and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour the blended mix into a bowl, then add a teaspoon of cacao powder and mix it until the cacao powder is smoothly blended with the avocado.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and spray some coconut oil, then add the batter into the tray about a 1/2 a tablespoon scoop in each.
- Shake it or us a spoon to layer it, or not because there is another layer coming on top of it.
- Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes as you make the strawberry jam.
- On a hot non-stick pan, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil,
- After it melts, add the cup of strawberries and let this simmer for about 5-10 minutes
- When the strawberries soften up, add a pinch of cayenne pepper, lemon, and honey.
- Use a spatula or potato masher to mash up the strawberries and then take it off the heat.
- Remove the muffin tray out of the freezer and add the jam, there was leftover avocado in my recipe so some of them got an extra topping of the avocado batter.
- Put these back in the freezer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour and ENJOY!
- Store the remaining ones in the freezer and have them whenever.
As for me, this is probably going to be dessert for the rest of the week. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did and don’t forget to tag me on social media @madammebae or use the #madammebae because I would so love to see your creations.