Cravings make you do the craziest things, This morning I was craving french toast and wanted to make a healthier version, we had no bread at home so I decided to use sweet potatoes, It was not such a bad idea after all the french toast turned out great, although it took a longer time to get ready.
Tip for this recipe is to fork the sweet potato slices so the can absorb the eggs and cook through faster. Aside from that, this recipe is really great and a healthy option too. Do not be a glutton like me and eat everything by yourself and let me tell you something, I did not feel guilty at all.
Listening to my body has been one of the best things for me, which was, of course, made easier after I did the 7-day detox challenge. my body now craves healthier foods.
Sweet Potato French Toast Sandwich
- 1/2 a large sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped green/spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Cut 1/2 a sweet potato vertically into sizable slices and make small damages with a fork for fast cooking.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and vanilla extract, then whisk it all together.
- Put the sweet potato slices in the egg mixture, then heat up a pan.
- When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. When it melts add the sweet potato slices to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes each side.
- After the first round, the potatoes have softened, so put them back in the egg mixture, then cook again for about 5 more minutes on each side.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make the avocado batter, which is just adding the avocado, 1 garlic clove without the middle stem (Its bitter), bell peppers, green onion, salt, pepper, chili, and lemon juice.
- Make scrambled eggs with the rest of the egg mixture.
- Build your sandwich as you prefer, In this particular one, I used 3 sweet potato french toast slices, 1 at the bottom, then some avocado batter, then another slice, then the eggs, some more avocado batter and finally the last slice on top.
I would love to hear your opinion on these babies and do not forget to tag me @madammebae and hashtag #madammebae on Instagram, looking forward to seeing your creations.
I thought of adding some leftover pan-seared salmon I had leftover from last night but I stopped to ask myself if that is what I really wanted and finally decided not to because it would be too much, and I would be uncomfortably full which is how binge eating, overeating, and cravings start. So listen to your bodies and give them what they want on top of training them to crave healthily.