Beetroot has a very strong smell for most people and every time during the 7-day detox, the one question people ask is “can you smell the beets,” well this will change your mind on how you feel about it.
This recipe is so amazing because you can use it not only as a dip but bread spread which I did and oh my days it was to die for. There are so many ways to make this but today I was in a more minimalist mood so I used a few ingredients as I could.
Beetroot is a good source of folic acid, fiber, manganese, and potassium. Don’t forget the leaves as they can be used as your regular greens which are also rich in calcium and iron.
Beetroots are also said to be powerful in helping to prevent some cancers, prevent constipation and help with cholesterol.
I think healthy is beautiful because honestly, this hot pink color is so attractive you almost don’t wanna eat it. This recipe is super easy because the only skill you need is putting the beets in the oven to roast otherwise everything is just thrown I the blender and it’s all done.
VEGAN ROASTED BEET DIP
- 3 small beets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, cut the leaves off the beets then put them in the oven for 1 hour.
- After one hour, take the beets out and let them cool, the beets should be soft and the skin should be easy to take off. (sometimes you can bake the beets while wrapped in foil paper, they soften faster).
- Peel and cut the beets into four pieces each, take the stem out of the garlic because the stem makes it bitter.
- To a food processor or blender add the ingredients and pulse until you get a smooth consistency.
- Keep in a container for up to a week and use as a dip or bread spread.
28% carbs, 67% fat, 5%protein
As always, don’t forget to tag me @madammebae or use the hashtag #madammebae when you try these recipes as I would really love to see your beautiful creations.