You want to lose weight and don’t know where to start, I know how a struggle it can be to start losing weight, especially if you have tried a couple of times and always keep going back to old habits. As much as there are all these teas, drinks, and other things to help you lose weight, I personally think it comes down to a few main things which are, clean eating, staying active, getting enough rest and staying hydrated.
I shared this video on my youtube channel and if you are the kind of person that hates to read, this video will be perfect for you.
Just so you know, you are not alone on this journey, there are lots of people struggling daily and I hope these small steps will help you get started and stay on track. In order to start our journey, you need to decide that moving forward you are going to actively work on losing weight, whether you are obese or just overweight. After you make the decision and commitment to lose weight, then the following steps should help you;
- START. The most important step when starting anything is to start. There will never be a right time in life, am a firm believer that when you start, you start to find direction, learn, get motivated to continue. With the rise of social media, we tend to spend time looking and admiring what other people are doing instead of starting. This is the hardest part. So in case, you are having trouble starting, book a free call with me and I will get you started with the basic numbers and information you need plus a lot of freebies to help you.
- WEIGH YOURSELF. I have no idea what your relationship with the scale is but most people tend to have a bad relationship with the scale, whatever the case may be it is very important to weigh yourself so that you can have direction and start planning, It is also good for progress tracking and accountability although there are so many other ways to do that which I teach more about weight loss from program.
- CREATE A HEALTHY MORNING ROUTINE THAT WORKS FOR YOU. Morning routines are really undermined but they are very important in setting the tone of your day, for example, if you wake up and have a glass of warm lemon water, brush your teeth and put in a workout, chances are you will feel guilty starting the day with something unhealthy.
- HYDRATE AND AVOID DRINKING YOUR CALORIES. I don’t think I need to say much about drinking water and the because I’m pretty sure you’ve heard this over and over, but just know this, If you are trying to lose weight and build some muscle, a muscle contains 75% water, 18% protein, 5% fat, 1%carb, and 1%minerals &vitamins plus it helps you cleanse your system.
- ASSES YOUR CURRENT ROUTINE. So this should have probably been the first tip, but it’s not. If you are a little overweight, sometimes just assessing what your current lifestyle is can give you answers to why that is and you are able to make small changes.
- HAVE A HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day and there is a reason why it is called break”fast,” because you haven’t eaten all night it is like you are breaking your fast. As much as you can enjoy some fruits and smoothies, high protein breakfasts help you feel satiated and keep you fuller for longer. This will, in turn, help you reduce on the meals you normally eat leading to weight loss.
- EAT MINDFULLY. Whether you are eating Mcdonalds or some healthy food, you need to take time to enjoy it because eating very fast can make you hungry quick. Another reason to be mindful is that when food enters your body you need to ask yourself the impact it will have on your body and that way you know that if you consume too much oily or sugary food, It is leading directly to whatever your body problem is.
- BE ACTIVE. Most people think being active means going to the gym 5-7 times a day, but start simple for example, you can walk your dog, do some house chores, play with your kids, even just a simple walk around your neighborhood will do.
- TRACK AND PLAN YOUR MEALS. eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean you will lose weight, sometimes we consume more food than our bodies need which if the body doesn’t need, it turns into fat and that’s how you put on a little weight. This goes hand in hand with assessing your routine.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Last but not least, your body needs enough rest in order do its job too, it’s like a phone, if you use it without charging it, Also, when you are tired you make bad choices with food, even if you don’t realize it, but again this goes back to assessing your routine.
I hope these 10 tips are helpful to get you started and in case you need help with that don’t be shy, book an appointment with me to get you started. The first appointment is FREE.